Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Can we talk about cheating?

What is cheating? Who cheats? Why do people cheat?

Webster defines a cheater as "a person who defrauds, deceives, or tricks others; swindler." Also it states that cheat in the most general term in this comparison implies dishonesty or deception in dealing with someone, to obtain some advantage or gain.

Who cheats? Someone who wants or needs something.

Why cheat? To realize an advantage over another or a situation for personal gain. How does that sound?

I witnessed cheating behavior today. I am sad about the choice this person made. Cheating is a selfish act that is never done in isolation. It always involves others. Hopefully, cheaters will have the good luck to be caught.

Have you ever been cheated upon? What experiences have you had with cheating? How did you cope with the situation?

1 comment:

M said...

I was cheated on before. I've been cheated out of things before. It's never a good thing. You learn a lot from all of it. Everything is a learning experience, whether it's positive or negative. I've learned a lot from the mistakes of others. I think I'm a better person for it. I've cheated before. I'm human. I've learned from that as well. I'd like to think I'm a fairly decent person now. :)